All taxes made via mobile money will be routed through the government pay bill 222222, per a directive from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
The KRA stated in a statement dated Friday that the modification was made in response to President William Ruto’s order to combine government revenue collection.
The tax collector said the order would go into force right away.
Additionally, when paying taxes with mobile money, taxpayers are advised to use the Payment Registration Number (PRN) or the Reference Number on the Payment Slips generated from KRA Business Systems: iTax, ICMS, EGMS, and KESRA IStudent as the account number.
A portion of the statement said, “For further information, please call our Contact Center.”
Paying via phone
- Type in PayBill 222222.
- Type the account number as the PRN (payment registration number).
- Enter the sum as shown on the PRN.
- Click send after entering your PIN.
- Press *222#
- Choose the option to Pay KRA bill.
- Type in the E-slip (PRN) number
- Choose M-Pesa as the payment method
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN and carry out the remaining steps.